Your Child’s Health
Begins With You
Simple Solutions Every Parent Needs
All parents have felt the frustration of needing answers to help their child be his or her best. Each year, parents spend hundreds of millions of dollars trying to find solutions through tutoring, coaching, counseling, medications and other methods to improve their child’s:
L.E.A.N. Start workshops for parents and caregivers are a series of fun and interactive educational classes that give families with school-aged children the tools and information to:
- Develop a lifetime of achievable healthy habits for the entire family
- Improve the mood, learning and behavior of children through proper nutrition
- Learn which ingredients in food can affect behavior, sleep, concentration and energy level
- Learn how to shop for quality, affordable foods
- Learn what might be making you and your child sick
- Avoid nutrition related diseases such as type II diabetes, heart disease, sleep apnea, respiratory problems and cancer
- Learn what food manufacturers ARE NOT telling you and don’t want you to know
- Make nutrition at home easy and fun, while preparing healthy food that tastes great
- Keep children and family members physically active
L.E.A.N. Start Workshops for Parents and Caregivers
What they are:
- Filled with practical solutions for parents to help their child
- Full of simple and time saving ideas that make a parent’s life easier
- Interactive and fun
- Packed with innovative activities to keep kids moving
What they are not:
- Boring lectures
- Cooking lessons for tofu and seaweed
- Calorie or point counting programs
- Physical exercise regimens
L.E.A.N. Start workshops are available as either three, 2-hour or six, 1-hour sessions where parents and caregivers of children ages 3 – 12 years old meet and learn 12 components of the L.E.A.N. Start program, such as Traffic Light Eating, Brainy Breakfasts, the Truth About Fats and Powering up with Protein and Play.
Each participant will receive a L.E.A.N. Start Guide, an 80 page colorful resource book that corresponds to each of the six workshops sessions. The book is designed to provide additional information and be a lifelong resource tool.
Optionally, participants can purchase L.E.A.N. Start Activity Books, a 22-page activity book designed for parents and caregivers to use with their children at home. The activity book is filled with fun and interactive activities for young children. It includes coloring pages, games and activities to help you teach your child about good nutrition and important lifestyle choices.
Dr. Sears’ L.E.A.N. Start is available exclusively through a Certified L.E.A.N. Coach.