Fiber has many benefits.
- It will improve bowel function and prevent constipation. Fiber promotes healthy regular bowel movements and moves food quickly through the digestive tract to minimize the time that potential carcinogens are in the intestines.
- It lowers your risk for heart disease and diabetes.
- It may lower cholesterol.
- Aids in weight loss by promoting a feeling of fullness.
- Fiber has been shown to prevent some forms of cancer.
Call to Action:
- The National Cancer Institute recommends at least 20 to 30 grams of fiber daily.
- Great sources of fiber are whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, raw nuts and seeds, beans, peas and other legumes.
To your wellness,