Avocados are a versatile food and have many healthy benefits, here are some of them:
- They are the most nutrient-dense fruit, consisting of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and rich in vitamins A, B, E and folic acid.
- Avocados have the highest level of lutein and zeaxanthin, eye-enhancing nutrients, of any fruit.
- They have a high satiety value, comprising healthy fats and carbs, protein and fiber.
- When combining avocado with other foods, they increase the absorption of anitoxidants, carotenoids, lycopense and lutein.
- Avocados are an awesome healthy baby food option too!
Call to Action:
To get the most nutritional value from avocados, buy them when they are firm (slightly underripe), but not hard, so when you squeeze them you don’t leave an indention. Store them at room temperature until they’re slightly soft.
If you use only half, leave the seed in the other half and sprinkle with lemon juice to prolong freshness and store in an airtight container.
To your wellness,