Did you know that children laugh approximately 300 times a day, where the typical adult laughs less than 10 times per day? The following health benefits of laughter are the results of various research studies:
- Laughter releases tension.
- In 2005, researchers at the University of Maryland showed that laughing helped relax blood vessels linking it to healthier function and possible decreased risk of heart attack.
- Laughter can alter your internal chemistry from negative to positive.
- Twenty seconds of belly laughter is equivalent to three minutes of working out on a rowing machine.
- Laughter may lower blood pressure and increase the amount of disease-fighting cells found in the body.
- Laughter shifts your perception so you can center yourself and makes life more enjoyable.
- Laughter is a known stress reliever.
Call to Action:
Find ways to add humor, laughter and joy to your life.
A belly laugh a day may keep the doctor away!
To your wellness,