According to Virginia Satir, a Wisconsin Marriage and Family Therapist, you need 2 hugs a day to survive, 4 for maintenance, and 6 to grow. There are many people who get 2 or less hugs a day and it may just apply to people you know or work with every day.
Call to Action:
- Make it a point to participate in National Hugging Day, January 21
- Hug your friends and family more
- Mail someone a card and send them a “hug”
- E-mail a symbolic ((hug)) and message to someone
- Share with others what kind of hugs you prefer
- Initiate a hug and then you get one too
- Download a copy of the Illustrated Guide to Free Hugs complimentary from FreeHugsCampaign.org and get more ideas on hugging someone. Download your free copy here ==> The Illustrated Guide to Free Hugs (PDF format)
Who do you know that needs a hug today? Do you?
To your wellness and here’s a (( )) for you,