A Harvard University study found that people with few social contacts were 2 to 3 times more likely to die during the following 9 years than those people with more social connections.
Call to Action:
Stay or get involved socially.
Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Invite a friend(s) over for tea or a meal.
- Attend a group Bible study that meets weekly.
- Call up friends or relatives and see how they are doing.
- Connect with friends and relatives on Facebook.
- Join a hobby group, such as quilting, scrapbooking, book club, bridge, etc.
- Make arrangements with a friend to walk or exercise together several times a week or join an exercise class you attend weekly.
- Attend sporting events with a like-minded friend.
Having a healthy lifestyle does not counteract the effects of loneliness.
To your wellness,