This salad uses quinoa, which gives a nice texture and mild nutty flavor to the dish.
Yield: Makes 4 cups
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (organic)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (organic)
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Celtic salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Scrape the quinoa into a large bowl, and refrigerate until cold.
- Stir the garbanzo beans, cranberries, raisins, almonds, mint, coriander, cumin, and olive oil into the quinoa. Season to taste with salt and pepper.