Guacamole makes a great dip for veggies or whole grain chips, sandwich spread, in pita pockets, topping for Mexican dishes, etc. Avocados turn brown rather quickly, once exposed to the air, so make only what you plan to eat the same day.
- 3 – 4 ripe avocados
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice from 1/4 lemon or lime
- Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
Any or all of these (optional):
- Tomato, finely chopped
- Red pepper, finely chopped
- Cucumber, finely chopped
- Sweet or red onion, finely chopped
- Parsley or cilantro, finely chopped
Preparation (10 – 15 minutes):
Cut and scoop the avocado out of the shell and place in a medium size bowl. (See Helpful Tips on How to Cut an Avocado)
- Mash avocado with a fork but leave some lumps. If your avocados are ripe this should not be hard to do. Can use an immersion blender.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Don’t scrimp on the salt.
- Add any of the optional next five ingredients, any combination and quantity base on your preferences.