- Your body is 83 percent water.
- Your muscles are 75 percent water.
- Your brain is 74 percent water.
- Your bones are 22 percent water.
- Water is necessary for digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- Water removes the waste from our bodies.
- Water flushes toxins and fat through the kidneys and liver.
How much water should you drink per day?
One rule of thumb is to drink half your body’s weight in ounces of water.
For example: If you weigh 160 pounds you should strive to drink at least 80 ounces of water a day. That is 10 eight ounce cups a day.
If you work outside and/or perspire a lot you probably should drink more.
Call to Action:
- Keep track of how much water you drink for ONE day.
- Calculate the amount of water you should be drinking based on your weight.
- If you aren’t drinking enough water based on #2 above, try to do so for ONE day.
To your good health,
p.s. How easy or difficult did you find these action steps to do?